To our Eastern Shore community,
We at Weeping Willow Kennels are here to serve in these most unprecedented times. We reopened our doors May 1st as promised even though the promise of reopening the State hasn’t yet materialized. It’s an unfortunate situation that we as a community find ourselves in but we will I pray persevere.
As we get ever closer to the summer season we are seeing a trend in our reservations that leads me to believe that most everyone is still planning a summer vacation of one kind or another. If you are among that group and haven’t made your reservations with us but intend to do so, I encourage you to please make those arrangements while we still have ample availability. If I may borrow a line from Dr. Fauci… we are asking you to help us “flatten the curve” by making your arrangements as soon as you can in order to help us prepare. In full disclosure we, like so many other small businesses in the area, were forced to layoff our staff and now need to make plans regarding our staffing needs for the coming season.
We haven’t seen many of you in months and would also like to ask that you please make sure that your fur-babies shot records are up to date and that your veterinarian has provided us with a copy of them.
None of us can see around corners but we can make plans and as you do please keep us in mind so that we can make the best plans to care for your fur-baby.
I look forward to seeing your masked faces soon,
With best regards,
Jerry and Aileen Black, Owners and fur-baby lover
Welcome to Weeping Willow Kennels
Located in Salisbury, Maryland, our state of the art boarding facility, truly is the next best thing to being home.. Weeping Willow Kennels has been successfully serving our canine and feline community for more than 19 years.
After spending several years researching the market and local area, we created the highest quality and the safest kennels, with the most amenities to make your pet’s stay relaxing and comfortable. We continually strive to keep our kennels up-to-date. In 2018 Weeping Willow underwent a 100k renovation. We now have the largest kennels on the Eastern Shore. We are always looking at the latest in kenneling systems to keep our kennel friendly so your canine child and feline child feel right at home.
The Big Paws kennels have been expanded to 4’x31′ and for those larger fur babies or those who like to share; we have an even larger kenn at 5’x40′!! These kennels are HUGE! Our kennels offer 3 distinct compartments; an inner residence area, a middle covered run/exercise area and an outer private bathroom and sunning area. The outer private bathroom/sunning area was added as part of the renovation in March of 2018. This addition provides your fur baby with an open sunny area 4’x6′ for use as a private bathroom and sunning area. The dogs love it because the floor of this new kennel uses a product called “Stable Grid” that is filled with pea gravel. The Stable Grid prevents digging holes and tunneling while providing the comforting feeling of standing on mother earth, a connection your dog longs for and needs. This part of the kennel allows the dog to see but not touch the dog to either side of them. Dogs love to socialize and see other dogs…it’s who they are and is when they are most happy. The “Stable Grid” filled with pea gravel provides a more sanitary environment for your fur-baby for use as a bathroom compared to the usual cement floor of most kennels. Urine flows through the gravel instead of puddling. This area is flushed with our new commercial sanitary wash system to quickly and easily provide your fur-baby a clean safe environment that feels and is more comfortable than a cement floor. In short our/your fur-babies love it!
Whether you’re headed to Ocean City for the day, gone for a week, or just want to give your furry friend a “Spa Treatment,” you can relax knowing that our professional, caring staff will provide your canine “child”with the comforts of home. We are a top referral pick by our local Veterinarians, Groomers and of course by our canine and feline community.
Services Offered by Weeping Willow Kennels
More About Weeping Willow Kennels
Here at Weeping Willow Kennels we strive to make your puppy feel right at home. We do everything possible to make their stay as comfortable as possible.
- We strive for consistency when it comes to keeping your “children” to a routine schedule that includes a rest period with little or no human contact. Canine “children” need time to process what they have experienced and they do this best when left alone to contemplate.
- Weeping Willow does not charge for play time.
- Every canine gets access to one of the 7 play yards up to 6 times a day so that they get to stretch their legs and play.
- We pride ourselves on the fact that our kennels don’t smell, making the experience for your “child” a positive one so that they look forward to coming back again and again.
- Our Big Paw kennels are the largest on the Eastern Shore so your fury babies have the room they deserve.
- We do more than just canines!! We have a cattery that allows your feline “child” to access the entire room and socialize with the other feline “children” as long as they behave. There are climbing posts, cubby boxes and plenty of space to just stretch out and relax. Every feline “child” gets it’s own little cottage complete with bed and bathroom which is cleaned twice daily.
- We also have specialty rooms reserved for those unique needs including older/senior “children.” Over the years we have cared for pets of all varieties and needs so please ask to see if we can help serve you and your pets.